Over the years I have discovered many different websites and tools that have been very helpful to me, so I’ve organized them and am sharing them with you!
- Adobe Kuler – Find the perfect color scheme for your project.
- Color Calculator – Start with your preferred base color and the calculator will come up with the perfect matching colors for you.
- Sagethumbs – a free tool to for Windows to view PSD files as image thumbnails BEFORE you open them.
- FreebiesBug – Free PSD, code & resources for designers.
- Best PSD Freebies – Free Photoshop design resources.
- CSS Button Generator – pick your colors and your styles and automatically generate the CSS for all the buttons that you need for your site, without images!
- Bittbox – Graphic resources & tutorials, and check out their Freebie Gallery!
- JotForm – the easiest form builder I’ve found and it’s free!
- FontSquirrel – great fonts to use in your designs, plus the @FontFace generator to really soup up your webpages!
- Brusheezy – Great Photoshop stuff.
- Google Translator – Translate your website into any language you want!
- 123RF.com – A great stock image site, I use this one almost exclusively because their inventory is so large and their pricing is reasonable.
Search Engine Optimization & Site Maintenance
- 13 Steps to On-Page SEO, The Beginner’s Checklist – a great eBook to help you figure out and understand SEO! (Ebook provided by WTC Online Marketing Education)
- Google Webmaster Tools – From keyword help to website analytics to click-through advertising, Google provides too many services to list here that can help you market and improve your website presence.
- SEO Book – I love the SEOBook Toolbar and use it all the time. It’s “The number 1 competitive research tool in the SEO market”.
- HubSpot’s Marketing Grader – This tool will test your website for various things including the effectiveness of your marketing funnel, your site optimization and more.
- XML-Sitemaps – A very easy way to generate XML sitemaps to submit to Google. Once submitted, Google is instructed to crawl your site. You can set them up to crawl for as often as you update your website, which is why it’s a good idea to update your website frequently!
- GT Metrix – GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
- Feed the Bot – Find out if your site follows Google Webmaster guidelines.
Free Image Sites
- 1001 Free Downloads – Download thousands of royalty free graphics and fonts for personal and commercial use. Updated daily.
- Free Range Stock – A great site for both FREE and royalty-free stock images to use for all your designs.
- Stock.xchng – Awesome free stock images!
- Stockvault free image
- Dreamstime free images
- DeviantArt – Incredible collections of artwork, vectors, images and more.
- Microsoft Office – believe it or not they have a great collection of free images and clipart!
Online Image Editing
- PicMonkey – Free online editor to create those awesome text graphics for building engagement on your social media pages.
- Canva – Another free online editor to create your social media graphics.
- PhotoFiltre – free image editing software
- PhotoScape – another free image editor that offers some different features
For Equestrian Professionals
- Horse Connection Center – California Central Coast & Central Valley Horse Information
- How to Market Your Horse Business
- Equestrian Life – Social networking for equestrians
- Horse Advertising Network
- National Day Calendar – Get notified of all those special days to celebrate all year long.
- Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator – Fill in some nouns about what you’d like to write about and Hubspot will give you some great titles for your posts!
- Google Alerts – email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. You can ask Google to keep an eye out for your name, business, or whatever keywords you choose, and Google will send you an email showing you where these search terms came up.
- StartupNation – By Entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs, a great source for small business advice.
- Docstoc – Need a form of some kind? This is a great place to find and share professional documents of ALL kinds.
- MailChimp.com – Free Email Marketing Service – the only one I’ll use!
- Small Business Administration – Great tools and resources for starting your own business.
- Google Docs – Word processing, spreadsheets, calendars, etc., at your fingertips and ready to share with the world. Makes compatibility issues obsolete, since you can allow others to access the files. Calendars can also be embedded on your website.
- OpenOffice.org – Great open source office suite that you can download and install to your computer.
- Asana – a project management platform, with both free and paid versions, but the free version is great! Invite team members, share files, keep track of communications, add project due dates and assign tasks to team members….I use this for all my projects and it makes things super easy!
- IFTT – If This Then That – Create “recipes” to make your internet life easier. Trust me, this is cool!!
- Zamzar.com – free file conversion tool to convert PDF files into Word docs, JPG’s, and a whole lot more!
- OnlyWire.com – automated content & bookmark distribution.
- Ping List – http://www.dailyblogtips.com/ping-list. Automatically notify the world about your blog updates.
Check back soon, as I’ll be updating this list regularly as I come across new and useful resources! If you notice a broken link, please email me and let me know so that I can repair or remove it.